South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR), a regional nonprofit organization based in Colombo, Sri Lanka, with members across South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka), seeks a Consultant/Consultancy Firm for Development of a Strategy and Action Plan for Fundraising
Responsibilities will include:
- Mapping of potential donors across the globe,
- Developing a three-year resource mobilisation strategy and Action Plan that highlights SAHR’s comparative advantages based on past experiences including innovative approaches on promoting and protecting human rights of women, minorities and marginalised groups (refugees , religious minorities, ethnic groups, etc.) with corresponding budgets for each activity and related output.
- Outreach to potential donors including visits,
- Securing expressions of interest from donors,
- Any other relevant tasks.
Qualifications will include:
- Working knowledge of human rights situation in South Asia,
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in fundraising for human rights organisations,
- Professional level English language fluency, written and spoken.
This consultancy will involve two months of work including two trips to Colombo and depending on the donor’s interest travelling to few countries to meet with potential donors.
The consultancy fee will depend on the experience and expertise of the persons / firm applying.
Please send curriculum vitae and expression of interest including a methodology with an outline of the strategy and draft action plan and a financial proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SAHR reserves the right to select an appropriate candidate through this announcement, an alternative announcement or by other means, or to amend or close the position, at its sole discretion.